Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

Be Kind & Love Yourself...



Often our days are busy with errands and jobs to tick off a list, doing things for other people and going to work/school/uni - nothing completely wrong with these but they do result in a decreased energy flow and drain from our body's resources.

This has a direct affect on your mood. You become tired, cranky and irritable. I have written on For the Style Seeking Girl's 'sister' blog Kooklah about the importance of taking care of yourself - physically, mentally and emotionally - read my post on Self Care here. One of the best ways for an instant perk are to change your hair colour/style, take a walk along the beach and smell some flowers.

Another great idea is to indulge in some pampering - for yourself. Yes that's right I want you to be kind to yourself, I even want you to love yourself. This can involve spending some moolah on yourself or it can be done at home with simple remedies or DIY tasks.

If you are choosing to keep your money tree full then try some of these ideas!
* Take a longer bath or shower but make it more luxurious, add some candles, your favourite music, a glass or wine (or beer for those shower-beer drinkers) and a nice smelling scrub.
* Treat yourself to a manicure - can be as simple as just painting your nails, but why not add some moisturiser to rub into your hands and cuticles or add a feature nail?
* Have an early nights sleep
* Do your hair or makeup in a different style, and allow more time so that you actually enjoy the act of taking pride in your looks instead of rushing through it like yet another chore
* Use at home remedies to make your own beauty products like scrubs and exfoliants (click here for a post on how to make these as well as tips on some different ingredients)

Today I made sure that I treated myself (after baking a caramel slice for the family) and had an hour afternoon pamper session at my favourite salon Little Miss Gorgeous ... I used a voucher I had recieved as a gift and I used it on threading (will be doing a post on that soon) and a manicure. I chose a bronzed glitter polish with a matte finish - an edgy look with a side of girly!


What a brilliant way to kickstart my week off!
What have you done for yourself today? One last thing, don't forget what Audrey Hepburn said:


Kooklah Xx (Facebook page)
find me on instagram @saregiak & Twitter - @styleseekgirl or @SarahGiak

2 comments:

  1. Hello I am so thrilled I found your blog page, I really found you by mistake, while I
    was researching on Askjeeve for something else, Nonetheless I
    am here now and would just like to say thank you for a incredible post and a all round enjoyable blog
    (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have
    time to read through it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I
    have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do
    keep up the awesome b.

    Here is my web site; Ray Ban UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for this comment, what a lovely thing for me to read! Glad you found FTSSG! Thanks for the comments on design, will be good to have you back when you have more time.. please comment again or check out our facebook page. x

      Delete