Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2012

Revlon Nail Enamel Trial...



Last week, a friend who I work with and I decided we would try the new addition to Revlon 's nail polish line called Revlon ColourStay Longwear Nail Enamel. This nail polish is a gel based type of enamel designed to last longer with less chips and cracks then regular nail polish. The creators have adapted the concept of Shellac (a gel like nail polish) which lasts for 2-3 weeks and created a retail version that can be done at home. I first saw the enamel advertised in Australian Cleo.


When applying the enamel it was quite thick and gluggy and was actually more difficult to apply then what I had first anticipated. I felt almost like I did the first time I had applied nail polish as a little girl, clumsy and awkward... It was due to the consistency of the enamel and how you not only had to use strokes to apply it but also to smooth it before it began to dry. I found using a base coat created a smoother surface to apply to, I then applied 2-3 coats of enamel and finished with a top coat to protect and increase shine.

Waiting for it to dry it was quite thick, looking like gel or acrylic nails, but once it dried it was flat, the colour deep and perfectly painted-plus great shine! Here is how they looked day one:

Bold Sangria (#260)

So the first day was pretty chilled, I had a day off round home, the next two days I worked 12hour shifts at work as an emergency nurse, both were full on and hectic, I certainly wasn't gentle or protective of my hands and nails. The next day I was spring cleaning and moving furniture around, followed by 2-3 days of days off with little manual labour and lots of hanging out at my friend's.
Here is how they looked after all of that:



Result: Pretty happy, they lasted perfectly (no chips, cracks, scratches) through two full on 12hour nursing shifts, moving furniture the next day (one or two chips happened) and a further three days. The Revlon Colourstay Longwear Nail Enamel lasted three times longer than regular nail polish. Verdict: Keeper. Worth the money, especially if you don't have alot of wear and tear to your nails.


Two friends of mine have also trialled the nail enamel and here is what they had to say:
A used Saucy (a red/gold colour) and said-
"I just got the brand new 'Saucy', and it's lasted a week... even with me at work for four days, ripping open boxes and stuff and getting my hands jammed in a really really strong magnet, they lasted and barely chipped at all. I'm really impressed. :) "

J used Passionate Pink (bright/hot pink) and said-
"I found it interesting to apply, really gluggy. Nice finish. They have lasted pretty well for 5-6 days. They were all good until I used exit mould [day 5] followed by another 12hour shift. Not too bad"

Have you used this enamel? If so, what are your thoughts?

Kooklah Xx
(If there are any other topics, aspects, products of beauty/accessories/styling that you would like me to review, please leave a comment or email me: kooklahstyle@gmail.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment