When I am spending my time looking into different hair styles or hair tips I have kept coming across this tip that promises hair curl using hair in plaits and a straightner. 'Perfect for summer and the beach' is the comment following this tip. I had some time tonight and thought I would try it.
What you need:
* Hair ties - one per plait (I used five as my hair is quite thick and long)
* Some curling spray or hairspray (especially if your hair does not curl easily, for those with curly hair a curling spray will help to reduce frizz)
* Hair straightner
Your hair can be newly washed or dirty, it won't really matter, but as with most hair styling, the less clean the hair, the longer the curl will hold.
How to do it:
* Comb your hair - finger comb for a less structured look, I used an actual comb for mine.
* Plait your hair- how many is up to you, take into consideration how thick or long your hair is. I chose five sections to break up the back section of my hair which is quite thick and to account for layers. Two or three would also work easily.
* Turn on your straightner, allow to heat and run the plait through the straightner tongs, I ran each plait through two-three times and then moved onto the next.
* You can do this from damp to dry, if this is the case once you have 'straightened' each plait go back and repeat the process one-three times.
* Take the hairbands off and unravel the plaits. Add a touch of spray if you need it and go!
* I was surprised, it definitely created a 'wave' to my hair. But it didn't so much curl, see the picture below but the result looked like I had curled my hair and then combed or brushed them apart OR I had used a crimper (does anyone remember those?)
* I wouldn't wear my whole hair like this, but it is a fun idea and something I will definitley use to incoporate through sections of my hair, for example small sections in a ponytail, under sections/layers of hair mixed with big curls or straight hair, or just at the ends.
* Very quick and easy, takes five- ten minutes tops!
* GREAT for dirty hair or to enhance a messy / bedhair style of do
Here is the result:
Have a go and see if it works for you! Post a icture or comment if you do, and also if you have another tip that you would like me to review.